Frequently Asked Questions Around NovaSure Endometrial Ablation and Heavy Menstrual Bleeding, for HCPs
- What methods of purchase are available for the NovaSure® Endometrial Ablation products?
We accept phone orders, faxed orders, and credit card orders. We will provide an order confirmation on all orders the same day the order is placed.
- What is Hologic's policy for returning unused product?
There is a 20% re-stocking/handling fee for all returned product. Since we sell all disposable devices in packages of 3, a complete 3 pack must be returned. We do not accept returns for single devices. All returns must be authorized with an RMA# issued by CSP. To obtain an RMA#, call Customer Service at 800-442-9892.
- What physicians are trained in the NovaSure endometrial eblation procedure for heavy menstrual bleeding in my area?
We have a complete NovaSure physician user database for the entire USA. We can provide you with a list of trained physicians in your area. Call 800-817-6403 for a NovaSure physician in your area.
- How can I order more NovaSure Patient Brochures?
NovaSure Product Technical Service-Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the shelf life of the NovaSure disposable devices?
The disposable device shelf life is 13 months from date of manufacturing. It is Hologic's policy that NovaSure disposable devices shall be shipped with a minimum of three month's shelf life remaining. All NovaSure 3 packs are labeled with a "Use Before" date for easy identification. It is important that devices are not used beyond their expiration date.
- Is the NovaSure disposable device latex free?
Yes, the NovaSure disposable device is latex free.
- Can the NovaSure disposable device be resterilized?
The disposable device is a single-use product that is provided sterile to the end user. Resterilization of the device should not be attempted for any reason.
- What if I have a NovaSure disposable device to return that has been used or opened? Is there a process for the return of the disposable device?
For Customers within the United States, please call us at 800-442-9892 for a Return Material Authorization. Your return request will be processed and you will be issued an RMA# for this type of return. In addition, we will ship you a biohazard kit to ship the used product back to Hologic's for sterilization and evaluation. For Customers outside the United States, please click here.
- What is the life expectancy of the NovaSure Endometrial Ablation RF Controller?
The RF Controller was designed for a minimum of 5 years of useful life.
- What preventative maintenance and care are required for the NovaSure RF Controller?
No maintenance is necessary other than regular cleanings, as described in the operator's manual.